Welcome to my Blog!

I plan to share information I learn through my studies related to education. I hope my posts will be informative and inspiring to current and future educators!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Creating a Professional Dossier in Maymester "How to be a doctoral student" Course

Reflection that goes with assignment:

I am a full time student so I generally take more courses than part-time students. I started the program less than a year ago in August 2010 but will have thirty hours by this August. I wondered if this course would have been more beneficial at the very beginning or if it was better after two semesters of courses. I think I may have been overwhelmed if this was my very first course. However, I greatly enjoyed this course because it taught me how to develop the road map of guidance I will need for this program. It allowed me the freedom to choose my path but the doctoral documents helped me have the structure and planning support that I need. I often felt completely inadequate when designing the items that went into the professional dossier, but it ended up being a great source of motivation. I am now confident knowing what needs to be done and driven to improve these documents by overall enhancing myself throughout this program. In the 2011-2012 school year, I plan to complete my research and teaching internships with Dr. Feinberg and to complete my research coursework. I hope to take my comprehensive exams by the end of 2012. I plan to attend conferences in 2011 and present at conferences in 2012. I also hope to have at least two-three papers submitted for publication by this time. I am thankful I had the opportunity in this class to create the professional dossier that I will continue to update and use to evaluate my progress. I am also thankful for the guest speakers, the interviews I conducted, and the readings on mentoring. The wealth of knowledge I have gained in the short three weeks of Maymester is pretty amazing! I am eager to start my reading from my annotated reading list.

Let me know if you are interested in seeing the professional dossier and I can email you the word attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment